Round two and three of our Halloween festivities involved three things...First, we went to the NICU Halloween Reunion party. It was great to see Shannon, our favorite nurse, who is expecting a boy on my birthday. Unfortunately, we didn't see any other of our favorite nurses, but it was great to see a lot of healthy kids running around. In some ways it was once again a reminder of how lucky we are... even though for us those six + weeks were very significant, for many of the nurses we were just a blip on their radar screen. I mean this in the nicest way--- I'm quite sure they remember the babies in there for 4 months much more than they remember us. It was definitely a nice milestone to hit though, and it was great because Andrew was going to be out of town on Halloween and this way he saw them in costume.
Second, we went to the Chestnut Halloween parade (the street near us). It was PACKED--I was glad I wasn't trick or treating with the girls at different stores because it would have taken FOREVER.
Finally, we went to Serena and Alec's for their annual Halloween party. They live in the BEST neighborhood for trick or treating--they get hundreds of kids trick or treating (I'm not exaggerating). In years past it was mostly a party for single people and couples--we'd drink and hand out candy. This year it officially shifted to a party for mostly 'families'.... we were all so busy taking care of our own kids that we sometimes neglected the trick or treaters---every once in a while you'd see a trick or treater roaming around looking for the candy bowl! The only hard part for me was that Andrew was out of town, and so most of the time I had to trade off putting one of the girls in the car seat on the floor while I held the other. It is times like that that I get a little sad that my daughters don't always have someone who can pick them up and hold them at all times if necessary. But all in all, a great first Halloween for charlotte and dylan!

No comments:
Post a Comment