 |
| Oh how I wish I were a better photographer. |
 |
| Supercalifragi-something... |
 |
| Hey Texas. I'm Here. |
 |
| Wouldn't be H-town without a trip to Chuck E Cheese |
 |
| Oh...the Pleasure Pier...How I hated you. How my children loved you. |
 |
| Wrong on So Many Levels |
 |
| Back in SF. Warm day and jet lag always goes better with an ice cream soda. |
 |
| C on the blocks |
 |
| Tenacious D |
 |
| Look who's working the Open |
 |
| My odd little D behind her mask. |
 |
| And Voila! |
 |
| On the flying trapeze... |
 |
| Tightrope! |
 |
| Circus Camp |
 |
| Golf Camp |
You will eventually get a Kindergarten recap from me, but it is holding me up. SO.....
June was Lila's recital, Texas, Circus Camp, Golf Camp, and Lila had school camp.
Texas was hot, fun, swimming, beach, putt putt, pottery making, cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles. A great kick off to the summer. No Astros this time was maybe only negative. And Ainsley's swim meet was rained out. But all in all, great. Chuck E Cheese, Rainforest Cafe, swimming at Galveston Beach, swimming in Houston and jumping off the high dive, playing at the cousins house. Only bad thing--L got her first bee sting while heading to jump off the diving board!
Mid June was camp time--Circus Camp one week for C and D, golf camp the next, while Lila had camp at her school. Each year I seem to take a different strategy with camps. When they were 3 I got them in, at the last minute, for 3 weeks of camp at the preschool I moved them to for Pre K, and that may have affected our lives (for better and possibly worse) more than I will ever know (so sad to say, but true). I also put them in a camp that I now wonder what the hell I was thinking because it wasn't very safe and they were so little (I would NEVER put Pips in it today). When they were 4 we were about to switch schools, so I put them in a bunch of different camps and I ended up feeling like we never really had a summer. When they were five I did less camp, but I tried two weeks of the same camp (failure) and I focused on camps that would "teach them something" (but probably didn't really).
This year we did less camps, and only camps I knew they would really like. C and D did circus camp and 'golf camp' (C, D, Ford, CHarlie, and Will R for 2 hours a day) and they loved both. Only problem is that i did NOT optimize enough on making it easy for me. Camps were either very short (2 hours for golf) or just a LONG drive (40 min each way for a 3 hour camp). Guess there's always next year to get it right.
We also joined a swim team. I will send a bigger update on the swimming stuff in general later, but suffice it to say that A) they loved it and B) we don't need to worry about booking our tickets for somewhere-in-Asia 2024.
 |
| C |
 |
| C Again |
No comments:
Post a Comment