Sunday, September 12, 2010

Swim Lessons



LBD loves the 'agua.' Over the summer she was the first one in the water and the last one out. She only came out when her lips became too blue for me to look at or we had to leave. And she always protested.

The most frustrating part of swimming with LBD is that she doesn't realize she can't swim. She kicks and shrieks with frustration while I try to hold her. I spend most of the time letting her see what will happen if I let go of her (ie. she will sink). The rest of the time I have to stop her from wading in over her head (she just wants to go as far into the deep end as she can because that is where her sisters usually hang out. During the last weeks of the summer she essentially taught herself to hold her breath under water. (yes, that lady who looks like she should be hanging out at Del Webb is me)



oo
So I signed her up for swim lessons. The first time was a disaster. It may have been that she didn't like being told what to do in the pool. It may have been that she was scared. And it may have been that she felt like I had put her back into JV when she thought she should be in a class more like the ones she watched her sisters take. I was wondering if I had waited too long to get her used to lessons.

Luckily I didn't worry much. By the next week she woke from her nap yelling "AGUA" "AGUA" and she kicked and screamed only when it wasn't her turn to do something in class. She LOVES it. About the only problem I have is that she sometimes tries to enter the big kids class adjacent to ours.

And we have a great time after the class too... just the two of us get a little time to hang out.
Looking for planes!

1 comment:

Kallie Tett said...

It's a shame we don't live closer... I am pretty sure Evia and Lila would get along well :) Your swim lessons sound a whole lot like ours!