Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Unibrain Reunited

There are people from my days at Trilogy who I will never be friends with again. They knew me at a certain time in my life and our relationship would never get past that fact. Either they wouldn't be able to see that I am not the same person or I wouldn't want to remind myself of the person that I was then.

Then there are people from my days at Trilogy who will be friends forever. They have seen the good, the bad, and the really ugly and they probably know me better than I know myself. And somehow they still like me. And being with them is like a giant exhale because I can just be myself. And at the same time I learn a lot from them because our lives are evolving and moving in all different directions. (And if I can get over feeling inadequate relative to them, I am also motivated by their intelligence and success : ))

I got to spend this past weekend with 3 such people. It was like a homecoming for my brain. We talked, exercised, spa'd, talked, ate, drank, talked, and talked. It was awesome. It was the first nights I'd spend away from my family in over two years, and I desperately needed it. Thank you so much ladies. I hope we can make it an annual event.

No comments: