Molly has been (justifiably) frustrated over time with my lack of blogging. It's a completely fair point, but it's become more and more of an issue of inertia: Molly's done so many blogs and she's so good at it, I feel like anything I write will be considered worthless by comparison. Dumb excuse, I know. Anyway, I figured that being stranded in London for day 6 with no end in sight was as good an excuse as any to write my second blog post. (It's been a big couple of days for me, as I made my first Facebook status update yesterday. I feel like I'm a 12 year old girl...).
The quick background is that I came to London on Monday the 12th and have been stuck here due to the sweet sub-glacial volcanic eruption. If I had a nickel for every time I've been stranded for sub-glacial volcanic eruptions...Anyway, there's no end in sight. People have been telling us that we'll now be lucky to get back next week. It looks very likely that our vacation to Mexico scheduled for next week is toast.
The one thing this nightmare has given me is a little perspective. Having been away from my wife and kids for 6 days with no hpoe for return in the near future, I realize just how lucky I am. As sick of London food and mediocre hotels as I am, I know M would probably switch places with me in a heartbeat. She hasn't spent a night away from LBD yet. Truly inexcusable. I don't say it nearly enough, but M does an unbelievable job raising our kids, particularly faced with an often-absentee husband. I miss her very much.
Despite the fact that I travel a fair amount, I'm not used to being gone this long. 6 days away from D, C, and L makes me feel very empty. While there are times when I miss the simplicity of life without kids, being gone this long makes me realize how much happier I am now and how much I miss them. I miss snuggling with them in the morning. I miss having fun with them. I miss their hugs. I miss LBD yelling daDA as soon as I walk in the door.
I can't wait to get home.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment