...others get a new computer for their kids. I told Andrew I might engage in some retail therapy. I think he thought I'd buy a pair of shoes.
In my defense, we were going to buy one this summer anyway. And we didn't get our vacation that we had budgeted for this month. And I HAVE ONLY EATEN ONE MEAL OUT since he left (took the girls to breakfast Sunday morning). That has to count for something right?! (I can GUARANTEE that if the shoe were on the other foot he would have had pizza night about 7 days running). That has to count for something, right? (It covers the keyboard at least!)
Still no Andrew. It is getting a little surreal. Kind of Jane Austen-esque. Like I don't know when I'll see him coming back over the hills on his horse again. I am surprisingly zen-like about it (most of the time). I just want him home safe. It has been hardest on C and D. They REALLY miss him. I think it isn't even him being gone as much as the uncertainty of it all. And I am sure it scares them a little--volcanoes, ash, cancelled flights, closed airports, etc. A bit overwhelming.
I have gotten lots of kind emails and calls from people and lots of offers for help. On Saturday the Glotzbachs saved me from the abyss of exhaustion by letting me invade their house in the am. THank you!! And my mom saved me Sunday. We actually had a nice day at Fairyland just the four Dodson girls and then spent a beautiful afternoon playing at my Moms.
Maybe my favorite call came from JWeiss just now. He asked me how the "trial separation" was going. : )
And PS. I have a bunch of posts I need to get to beneath this...so check 'em out.




No comments:
Post a Comment