I can't believe how thrilling it was to watch her. I thought I'd seen her take a step without holding onto anything between the ottoman and her anytime chair (they are OBSESSED w/ their PBK anytime chairs... they don't like to sit in them as much as they like to climb in them). And then a few minutes later, she looked at me, smiled, and walked two steps to me on her own! It was the first time she had done it w/o holding onto anything (usually when I try to get her to walk to me she keeps her feet stationary and just forward trustfalls towards me). She was so, so proud of herself and her smile was so so fantastic. It is such a weird feeling in some ways too, because at the same time that I was cheering for her, I couldn't help but think with a twinge of sadness "my baby is growing up..." (I know, I know, it is a little early to think that, but it really does fly by, and sometimes I hate that two are flying by at once).
To celebrate, I gave C(L) and D(R) their first tastes of vanilla ice cream. As you can see, they hated it...


No comments:
Post a Comment