Monday, April 08, 2013

This is going to take a while...and I blame you Facebook, at least a little.

But I am going to catch up.  I have written things down, here and there, for the past (gulp) 7 months.  And I have let myself get paralyzed by the amount of effort it will be to catch up.  But no more.  I will write out of order.  If anyone is actually reading this anymore, you'll just have to scroll down to see where I have added in.  And I'll let you (Amall :)--thank you for motivating me!) know when I am done.

Life this year has been way more hectic than I would like and I wish I knew why.  We are all just BUSY.  And I'm not even working enough, that is the worst part.  THings will be different next year, I can feel it.  For now though, I can't miss this time.  And complete honesty, I've been a bit melancholy this past year.  That may not be for this blog, but I have to at least put it out there.  Nothing I can particularly blame it on, but perhaps I am just feeling both old and young.  If I were my father, I'd have known now for about 2 months that I had cancer, and that I was going to die young.  That isn't lost on me.

But I also blame you facebook. Yes you.  Purveyor of the humble brag.   A constant stream of "look at how great my life is?!"  I found myself feeling worse every time I checked facebook because somehow my life wasn't measuring up.  And then even when I was doing all those things on fb others were yabbering on about, I couldn't share it because then I would be like them.  While I really do like to hear from some people, I found there were people I would like more if I didn't know their fb personality.  So then I felt like maybe I was doing the same on my blog.  The whole cycle just bummed me out.

But I am over it.  I don't share this blog with anyone.  I have just enough people reading it to motivate me to keep going, but not enough to feel like I am oversharing.  My only issue is that I feel like this isn't a place to get overly personal, so I may start keeping a journal just for myself.  We'll see.  For now, this blog is still the best way for me to capture just a few moments of life that I can share later with my girls.

So here goes... my goal is one 'post' every weekday until I am caught up, no matter how small.  (I reserve the right to combine a few at the end of the week)

Oh, and Louisville just won the National Championship.  And no girls, you may not go there either.** (But I do like how much compassion you have shown for Kevin Ware.)

**For my first belated story... during the Fall C and D love to watch College Game Day and see what hat Lee Corso will put on.  Often times they will ask "Who is playing?" And I'd say something like "Arkansas and Alabama State, or 'two you schools you are not allowed to go to.'"  This year at the Father Daughter Dance Andrew was talking to another Dad about something and the guy's family went to Florida State.  C hears the name and pops up and says "Wait, Florida State, isn't that a school my Mom says I'm not allowed to go to?"

Here goes...

No comments: