Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A little bit more about miss lila






  • Her nicknames are still Ya Ya, and Ho Ho, though occasionally "The Ho" is used and I am not quite sure what to do about it. She can now say "Lila" and if you ask her, she'll tell you her name is "Lila B." Strong enunciation on the Ls.
  • She loves the ipad games that talk back to you. Somehow she picked up the phrase "You ARE DA BEST." She gets up super close to the talking fairy or the taking cat and yells it into the ipad. Thus they repeat it back to her. Occasionally she yells "I am Da Best!" When the cat or fairy inevitably says the same thing back to her, she gets upset and starts arguing with it. "No you not the best, I da best." This continues until she complains to me "Mommy it say I not da best. It say "I da best."" And I quietly count my blessings that she is a younger sibling in the school process. (Lila, if you are reading this someday...I am TOTALLY KIDDING!! You are a genius!)
  • When Andrew takes her out of the sleep sack in the morning he exclaims "You're free! Your're free!" She responds "No, I two."
  • If she wants me to hold her, which is almost all the time, it is "Hode you!" She is starting to really kill my back and shoulders, but I can't resist her (though I could do without the hand she tries to stick down my shirt EVERY TIME).
  • She's a big consoler --"It's ok." Or, if she asks for something, no matter how big or small, and I say no, I hear a sweet little "Ok."
  • Of course, sometimes she will fight for it. "One time?" with her holding up one lil' finger.
  • She still stands over her sisters at bedtime and demands "Cwy, Charwotte, Cwy!" "Cwy, Dywan, Cwy!" to get them to beg for big hugs and kisses.
  • Her favorite game is hide and seek. She will run up and say with passion "Hide and seek! You count!" And she runs off to hide, then yells at you as your look for her "I right here! I behind the couch!" And when you find her? "That good hiding place, right?"
  • She shrugs her shoulders a lot. It is awesome.
  • "I cold. I need my bathroom" She means bathrobe, and oh how I wish C and D didn't insist on correcting her.
  • She likes to sing songs C and D taught her, including "Allouette jonti allouette" and "Puff the magic dragon", although she also likes Willie and Mumford and Sons.
  • She calls jeans "Daddy Pants" and she always wants to wear them.
  • On Friday nights when I put her to bed she'll say to me "Mommy, are you eherhizing tomorrow? Then I call for Daddy!"
  • "Dios mio!" has been heard from her once or twice.
  • "Scoot me my up!" means scoot me up to the table.
  • She engages in her own version of the "Chris Farley show." It starts with "Remember that time..." One of her classics happens every time we go to Target-- she'll say "Remember the time we went to Target and I fell out of the cart? It was terrible." Or this past week it has been "Remember what happened to Deborah? (C and D's teacher) A fly went into her throat!"

No comments: