

We were a little late this time but we did make it to the grave. It was a beautiful day, and we even went out for ice cream afterwards (He would have approved :))
C and D would really like to meet him. On the way home from their birthday celebration at school D said something about being so excited her wish was going to come true. I asked her what it was figuring it was something I might have to run out and buy. Then C said "I bet I know what you wished for...did you wish for Grandpa Michael to come down from heaven?" I wasn't expecting the response from the back.. "How did you know?" Then I had to tell two grinning girls that D's wish would never come true. They were crushed, and C protested, "But Daddy says if you work really hard your dreams come true!"
I hated introducing them to the realities of life like that, but I loved them so much for making that wish.

No comments:
Post a Comment