D in her woody xmas pjsA short recap of our post Xmas activities:
We went skiing. It was fantastic. I only wish we could have been there longer. As 4 year olds C and D ski 2 hours together with an instructor. The first day they had spectacular conditions but they were just getting their feet. The second day it dumped snow and they managed great under the conditions. The third day it was a high of 7 degrees--it was so cold I could barely take it myself. They didn't seem to mind, but I may never show them spring skiing because they will get spoiled. Lila loved playing hide and seek in the house and having Gram all to herself. I really love spending NYE up there.
We flew back late the night of the first, it was brutal, but worth it. The next morning Andrew and I left on a sort of "ex-Trilogy" trip to Florida to see Stanford in the Orange Bowl. I can't really explain it other to say that it was even more fun than I thought it might be, and I was pretty excited. It was even fun to be a "wife" on the trip because we got a little separate girls hang/spa time. It was organized by a Stanford alum and I saw a lot of Stanford people I hadn't seen in years. In that sense it was more fun than reunion because it was a lot of people I enjoyed spending time with in college, but no one asked me resume questions or even about my kids. It was nice to see people who just knew me as me, not as a wife or mother.
In true "Trilogy" style it was an over the top event. The first night was a fabulous 80s cover band and Vince Neil. The second day was a very well organized tent complete with games and food, then Vince Neil and Jon Bon Jovi. My friend Andy gave me the thrill of a lifetime by letting me go back and meet JBJ before the concert. That noise you hear is the 17 year old in my shrieking with glee, and the 38 year old mother of 3 wasn't too sad either. Of course, in my pre-teen state of mind I didn't think to google the man and maybe come up with a few nuggets of info. (I'm sure he was really interested in meeting us too :)). Luckily my smart friend DR did, so while she talked I spent the meet and greet staring, drooling, and pondering how he ended up in the largest grossing band of 2010 and VN was available for 1/10 his cost. (Maybe the fact that JBJ drank green tea the whole time and looked like he had just done yoga, while VN's bus was filled with several very road weary "bandaids" who kept leaving the tent to smoke offered some clues). Such a thrill.
Oh, and it was really fun to watch the game and Stanford won. Now if only Luck can lead us there again next year, I'll start inviting myself NOW.
I came home and played the videos for C and D (and gave them the cupcakes from the flight, they were thrilled). Now they are huge fans too. Funny, I must be getting REALLY old, or my memory is getting worse, because now I can't figure out which video I enjoy watching more....(ps. these damn videos have made me several months behind in posting, so i'll get to them someday, i swear. For now, you will just have to trust me that A) JBJ was awesome, and B) my girls can sing the sh*t out of "Can't Go Home" as they call it).

Only 6 hours to go before kick off...
My new BFF

No explanation needed
The cupcakes from the flight were about the only part of the trip I could share with them



No comments:
Post a Comment